Before Treatment Advice:
You should ensure that the hair to be waxed is a minimum of around 0.75cm – 1cm so that the wax will take to the hair effectively. This is normally around 2 weeks post-shaving growth for most ladies or 4-6 weeks post waxing.
After Treatment Advice:
Freshly waxed skin needs to be looked after for 24 – 48 hours after treatment, regardless of the size of the area that has been treated. The hair follicles will remain open for up to 12 hours and heat will be retained in the skin. So, here are a few handy tips to help you:
- No hot baths or showers for 24 hours
- No sun beds or sun exposure for at least 24 hours
- Wear loose clothing after treatment
- Do not apply perfumed products for at least 24 hours
- Do not apply make-up over the waxed area
- Avoid touching the area that has been treated
- Do not swim for at least 24 hours
- Do not exfoliate for at least 24 hours
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer with ingrown hairs, it is best not to try to squeeze them out of the skin as quite often this can lead to infection of the hair follicle. We would suggest exfoliating the areas you have waxed twice a week to prevent ingrown hairs. You may also like to try applying a suitable solution to help raise the hairs out of the skin.