Colder temperatures, windy weather and indoor heating can play havoc with our skin, causing it to become dry and tired.
We sat down with Aphrodite Beauty Salon Manager Becky Badham-Davies to share her expertise on caring for our skin during Winter and keeping the radiant glow we have in Summer.
Here’s Becky’s tips…
- Exfoliate – Exfoliating your face on a regular basis (once or twice a week) can improve the results of your skin care routine and rejuvenate your skin as it removes dead skin cells. It will bring a new life to your complexion and help keep skin radiant and bright all-year round.
- Regular moisturising – In Winter skin can get dehydrated from colder weather and heating so it’s important to winterize your skin care regime. Make sure you moisturise your face in the morning and evening after cleansing. Skin needs a hydrating boost to compensate for the dryness that the weather causes.
- Face masks – Replenish lost moisture by using intensive face masks once or twice a week and choose a mask that suits your skin type.
- Facials – Ideally have a regular facial every four to six weeks during the Winter months to keep skin glowing. They increase circulation of the skin and help it to facilitate the renewal of new skin cells, as well as clean the pores.
- Body treatments – Don’t neglect the rest of your body! We do a fantastic ESPA Holistic Body Treatment that melts away tension. We begin with body brushing and exfoliation to smooth and soften the skin; an indulgent massage follows using nourishing essential oils to soothe tired and aching muscles. Finally, a comforting head massage and gentle stretching allows you to relax and unwind. It’s sheer bliss!
The body treatment sounds just what we need. Thanks Becky!