With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's the perfect time to meet our inspiration, our muse, The Goddess of Love and Beauty, Aphrodite.
How much do you know about the mythology behind this iconic figure? Have fun reading through some of these fun facts. Find out for yourself why our Beauty Studio is perfectly represented by the most beautiful of all the Goddesses.
1. The Greek word 'aphros' means 'foam'. The most commonly told tale of Aphrodite's birth, was that she was born from the foam of the Sea, and first set foot on Cyprus.
2. Aphrodite's Roman name is Venus
3. The most beautiful of all the Goddesses. Ironically Zeus gave her to be married to the ugliest of all the Gods, homely-craftsman god, Hephaestus.
4. One of her children was 'Eros' - but you might know him as Cupid, god of love.
5. Aphrodite had a magical girdle, which had the power to inspire love.
6. She was one of the Twelve Olympians who lived on the summit of Mount Olympus, protected by a special layer of clouds.
7. Aphrodite helped the handsome Paris elopes with Helen (Helen of Troy) starting the famous Trojan War.
8. Her holy tree was the myrtle. The myrtle is said to be the herb of passion. Her holy birds were the dove, the swan, and the sparrow. The dove is called the 'bridesmaid bird of love' and the herald of lifelong wedding and happy hearts. Swans were said to tow her sailing boat...
Feel truly loved this Valentine's Day, get yourself booked in for a make-over for the big date, or a Bamboo massage - treat yourself. Let us help you feel your very best for that extra special day this February. Call our Beauty Studio on 01502 734343 or spend a little more time on our website browsing through all of our luxury treatments.